In this course, I’ll take you through the techniques I’ve used and refined over the years to help me create very high quality, high resolution tiling photoreal diffuse textures using only Photoshop. I’ll start by explaining all the techniques individually, then move on to showing how I use all the techniques to take a texture from start to finish.
Best results are achieved using a pressure-sensitive tablet. Many techniques shown here don’t require the latest version of Photoshop.
The course won’t take hours to complete and you’ll see results immediately. I’m confident the methods I use aren’t found anywhere else online, so I’m certain you’ll learn something new!
The series is a work in progress, so expect new videos over time.
Information you will get:
- Achieve more natural, photoreal textures
- Attain an incredible amount of fine detail quickly and effortlessly.
- Become more comfortable with using Photoshop’s unique toolset to get the look you want.
- Tile that texture far better than before.
- Paint manually with a brush set constructed for texture artists in mind.
- A version of Photoshop CS.
- A good, working knowledge of Photoshop CS.
- Pressure-sensitive Tablet (optional, but highly encouraged)
This course is for:
- This course is targeted specifically for 3D Artists, be it film or video game, who want to really boost their photoreal texturing capabilities inside Photoshop.
- Graphic Designers may also see benefits since the tools used can assist them in their work.
- The course works with photo-sourced textures. If you only work with hand painted or cartoony textures, this course may only provide minimal benefit.
- The course is for advanced users of Photoshop. If you’re completely new, you might be a bit lost as you watch.