This course will teach you the fundamentals of the C++ programming language, with a focus on Modern C++ features and the efficient use of tools. Start with the fundamentals and work your way up to advanced C++11 concepts and OOP mastery!
Here are some of the things we are going to cover:
- C++ ecosystem: compilers, IDEs
- The compilation process
- Data types: numeric, strings, arrays, etc.
- Control flow
- Memory management
- User-defined types
- Object-oriented programming
Why take this course? Glad you asked. This course is…
- Fast-paced, yet feature-complete
- Covers only modern C++ (C++11, C++14, etc.)… no legacy C/C++!
- Opinionated towards best practices
- Additional content – driven by you!
That last part means that additional lectures will appear driven by your comments and requests.
Information you will get:
- Comfortably write, compile, link and run C++ programs
- Solve problems using the C++ programming language
- Apply modern C++ programming practices
- Access to a computer is required for following this course (duh!)
This course is for:
- Anyone interested in the C++ programming language
- Course not suitable for people who do not want to write super-fast native code